Sunday, January 3, 2016

Memade


Dear blog,

One of the goals that I have is to have more #memade items in my wardrobe. During Christmas break, I had time to do some creative crafting and made a dirndl skirt with pleats and pockets and a Miette Cardigan. 

The Galaxy Skirt is an easy diy without a pattern. I used the pocket pattern from Emery to make sure that I could put in pockets before I cut into my dress fabric. I also used the directions for the invisible zipper from the Emery Dress. (It was the start of the zipper wars!) I think that the skirt turned out great. I will definitely wear it often. Next time I will interface the waistband. 

The Miette Cardigan by Andi Satterlund is a free pattern that has been in my Ravelry queue for a while. I grabbed some Kraemer Perfection Worsted in Bright Blue from my stash (originally from The Knitting Fairy) and went to work. It was an easy pattern. I love top-down seamless sweaters! I have a tall torso, so the next time that I make it (I rarely repeat a knitting or crochet pattern, but I love Miette so much that I must do more) I will probably add another inch or so to the length. I like the cropped look with skirts and dresses, but I kept tugging at it when I wore it. 

I love both pieces and I'm even more excited to add to my #memade wardrobe this year. 

Creatively yours,
Melly


No comments:

Post a Comment